CallerID is a powerful feature to ignore private message from people you did not explicitly allow to do so.
- You need to set /umode +g (or +G) to enable this mode
- You need to /ACCEPT <nick> people you want to be able to privately message you
- If someone messages you and (s)he is not your ignorelist, (s)he AND you will get a short notice saying that you are +g
- You will get this message only once every 60 seconds
- When the accepted user quits, you quit, you’re separated by a netsplit, or the accepted user changes his nick, the ACCEPT will be invalidated
- To view your accept list, issue /ACCEPT *
- To remove a user, issue /ACCEPT -<nick>
The difference between +g and +G is that +G always lets private messages through if the sender and the recipient share a channel. If both +g and +G are set, +G takes precedence.